top 16 things I did in 2016.
1. I didn’t get high or drunk once! That marks 12 years and 5 months to the date. Might be a small feat for some, but I think I am en route to kicking ass.
2. I went on tour with Kool Keith, a 53 year old rapper that never knew i was on tour with him while i was touring with him
3. Had a Billboard Charting album in WHat I do All Day and Pickle, my 3rd solo album. It hit 6 different Billboard Charts including 1 spot right behind Anderson Paak.
4. I rode a bike 55 miles from Auschwitz Birkenau concentration camps in Poland to Krakow, Poland, where I performed 2 sets for 1000+ people in a 19th century synagogue.
5. I curated my own official SXSW showcase called OY VEY! which had acts all over the world from Pakistan to Israel and more in one room. 2017 will be the 3rd year!
6. I gave my first TedX Talk in Kazimiers Poland, “Freestyle Rap Saved My Life”. Watch it here
7. Acted in my first movie, SCUMBAG, as a sleazy salesman named Charles, which also features Angelo Moore from Fishbone and Ron Jeremy. It will premier at the Rotterdam International Film Fest in February 2017.
8. Recorded a song with Matisyahu called Dodging Bullets, an anti-bds song that addresses all our haters and got to perform it in front of over 100,000 people this summer in from Europe to USA. Watch it here.
9. Made some really great friends that have no interest in anything else with me except that alone, being a real great friend. You should try and get friends like that.
10. Came in as one of the top albums on radio CMJ of the year for Hip Hop. #23 out of top 50.
Check the charts here. I finished above Kendrick Lamar, Anderson Paak, and Kanye West.
11. Wrote my first rap song in Yiddish and English with KooolKojak,
12. Played a Festival in Israel for my first sol performance to a packed out house at Kuli Alma in Tel Aviv. It landed my a booking agent and radio promoter in Israel.
13. I rapped at a funeral procession for my old publicist, who passed away this past spring, and I received a standing ovation! (I love you Nadine!)
14. Did tours with everyone from Matisyahu, 311, A-Wa, Gza, and Kool Keith. I even booked a tour in 7 days in 7 cities and drove my car from NJ to Sundance to play with Travis Scott and Wiz Khalifa. On that same tour I was rapping at Open Mics too. Watch the history of that tour here.
15. Rapped at various dinner tables at Rabbi’s houses. Everytime I did this I was fed amazing food. EVERY TIME! One of these times in Michigan, I also helped someone get into rehab from Michigan. it was the first time in 12 years that someone who needed to go actually went. It was a 2016 process to 2017, but it happened!!
16. I bought my first couch for my apartment. Aqua blue. I felt like a real adult. I have my own place. I have my own bed. I don’t live with anyone else. 2016 vs the world!
I love to keep on sharing my news because It is the only thing that keeps me going. When you don’t have some massive machine, it is up to you to do the work and create the opportunities that lie ahead for you. Lets go guys. 2017 is ours. Dillzionaires FORWARD!