Im not competing with anyone, but lets just say I am competing with myself. I’d like to think that I did pretty good this year. I think this year was a great year learning wise, and pushing myself forward in my career. But now I know what I can do better, for sure. Below are 13 things I did this year you might not know about, plus a bunch of extra credits!
See you next year.
1. Played Red Rocks in front of 10,000 people, and p[layed in front of over 50,000 people total on the Good Vibes Tour w/ Collie Buddz, Rebelution, Zion I and Matisyahu.
2. Rapped with A$AP Rocky in a cypher at the Eurockeenes Festival in Belfort, FR.
3. Landed the video “Hangin’ Out” on MTV which is still getting spins.
4. My Song “What’s Going On Upstairs” has landed into major rotation on Sirius XM Faction getting played 6 times a day.
5. Rated most fashionable Jewish Rapper in Complex Magazine. Collectively I was in Complex, XXL, Vibe, Source, Village Voice, Billboard and tons of other publications for my music.
6. My album, Awkward in a Good Way, premiered on Billboard .
7. I ran 6 miles for the first time in …ever
8. My face was on a jumbotron in Las Vegas at the Cosmopolitan
9. I licensed my “Hangin’ out” song to Sears for nearly two years worth of rent money.
10. I gave two black rappers bar mitzvah’s on stage. 3 bar mitzvahs in total. Look at Murs’ bar mitzvah pic
11. I started volunteer wrestling coaching at Rhino Wrestling.
12. I landed my First support slot on tour with Matisyahu on Chanukah , and we got in People Magazine.
13. I gave a rap class in Des Moines Iowa, and the kids named the Bully of the class, JUAN DIRECTION.
extra credit: I stayed clean off drugs and alcohol 9 years and 5 months..and one day..but who’s counting?
extra extra credit: Rza was getting interviewed by Rolling Stone back stage a festival and stopped the interview to ask me questions about how I thought he did with his film.
most extra, extra credit: I ate dinner with Gangsta Boo and the Village Voice wrote about it
I met this guy: on the street